The omega 3 fat acids and folic acid are important nutrients for the good work of every body part and overall health. Both can be found In many foods. Still, going to the shop means you see other and more items that have these 2 ingredients. To buy them means you will get more of these amazing 2 healthy ingredients.
First before going into details, we will see the best benefits of folic acid and omega 3 fat acids. To get the best dose and benefit of them, you must know what they do exactly.
FOLIC ACID ROLES
This ingredient is in the B vitamin group. Deficit or low dose of this creates many health issues. The crucial traits of this acid are:
- For nervous system work and health due to the production of neurotransmitters (chemicals) that allow cells of nerves to interact with one another.
- Healthy cardiovascular system, lowering high pressure and stopping blood clots. Also it makes more red cells and they bring oxygen in the body.
- This prevents neural tube defects in the fetus in the womb. Those defects leave the baby with damaged nervous system.
- Experts claim that this acid stops cancer to grow and stop depression too
OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS ROLES
These acids are healthy and good fats. You can find them in most supplements nowadays or from food. The benefits and role of these acids are:
- Health for the heart and lower bad cholesterol. Also hypertension is lowered and the risk for heart attack and strokes among other such problems
- Prevention from inflammation and developing cancer, osteoporosis, diabetes, arthritis and cardiovascular problems.
- A good amount of these acids is vital for a healthy brain. Brains in children are developed with enough of this acid and for elder people there is less risk of Parkinson’s.
- More energy for the body
NATURAL FOODS AND FORTIFIED FOODS WITH FOLIC ACID
Regardless if you are pregnant or not, good amount folic acid gives you benefits. These foods are the best:
- Beans (garbanzo, pinto, kidney and black)
- Turnip greens
When you buy groceries, you will see foods that are fortified this way and they are:
- Breakfast cereals
- Energy drinks
- Energy bars
NATURAL FOODS AND FORTIFIED FOODS WITH OMEGA-3 FATTY ACID
Do not reach for capsules or supplements now, instead try these natural foods:
- Oily fish (herring, mackerel, salmon, sardines, halibut, trout…)
- Brussels sprouts
MANY ARE FORTIFIED AND THEY ARE:
- Fruit juices